Saturday, June 2, 2012

and the pendulum swings back

Last few days have been great. I start back to night shift on Monday.
Loathe nights, but oh so grateful for this job. I have been on a fitness quest for the last 4 months. It started as a result of several events.
I got this job that is super physically demanding. The shifts are long and with 20 minutes for lunch, the meal choices are limited. Anyway, I would come home from work hurting so bad. I realized that some of this was age and years of abusing my body. I also was overweight.(technically, OBESE). I knew 80% of my problem was being out of shape and fat. Final straw was one day at work I was packing 60# boxes. As I struggled to stack them on the pallet, a coworker ridiculed me by saying "what's the matter JerriLynn??? Are they HEAVY??" in a super snotty mean way. Well, I left work that night sobbing and hating me, my life, the stupid stroke that caused ALL of this. After getting past the being super pissed stage, I went and joined the gym. I am now closer to being somewhat fit & one of the things I enjoy is pushing my Sidney in his wheelchair to Starbucks for coffee. Super good for both of us.
Just feels good to be in the gratitude. To know we're blessed and to feel it. To not necessarily like the circumstances, but be joyful anyway. I like this way better than the raging lunatic that has been inside me lately.. wonder how long it'll last..

No comments: