Friday, February 5, 2010

winter blahs...

been over a month since I blogged. I have had plenty to talk about, too.
so much has been happening. Our son moved back home. He and his new bride
are divorcing..so sad about that. lots of family drama and ugliness, which I don't engage in. Sid has continued to do worse. He doesn't "feel" like doing anything at all. He pretty much lays in his recliner all day and watches TV. I fear him slipping further away.
just the day to day life of work,chores,activities, and such. I had another birthday. It is the first birthday that I have not received a card from my sweet man. It was a bit melancholy. I had so many years of complete spoiling on my special day, that this year was a bit tough. I did spend a bit of time feeling sorry for myself, but it didn't last as long. I believe the Lord has done a work in my heart to relieve me of a small bit of my selfishness and selfcenteredness. still plenty left..but enough has been rooted out to make me different.
we finally got some answers from doctors. after weeks of calling them and getting basically nothing, it turns out that Sid needed to be seeing the surgeon and getting the surgery scheduled.(should have been done before we went on vacation) I think he got lost in the shuffle somehow. So he goes next week to get unclogged. For some reason, I just couldn't let it rest when they said they wanted him to wait 6 months and just monitor him. I kept asking them to make me understand why we were waiting for the inevitable..without the surgery, a stroke was certain. He runs some risk with the surgery, too. Thankful we know God is in control. I could not imagine how hard this would be without Him..glad I don't have to do it alone.
Lots more has happened in the last month, but I think I will save it for another day..

No comments: