Sunday, December 5, 2010

Christmas cards

I have almost finished getting the Christmas cards ready to mail. It has become somewhat of a big deal to me. I never used to care if I did cards or not. If I felt like it, I did them. If I didn't, well, I didn't.
All that changed the year Sid had his stroke. Seems like so much of our life is categorized BS(before stroke) or AS(after stroke).
Anyway BS I never got too excited one way or the other on cards. There were many years(not necessarily in a row) that I didn't send out any cards. And, other years where it was just family and really close friends. And, other years I gave a card to everyone I knew.
Well, AS for some reason I can't fully explain I have felt the need to send cards out regardless of how I feel. It isn't just the card, either. I always include a short summary of some of the things that have gone on throughout the previous year. One of the reasons I can explain, is that SO many people spent so much time praying for us,encouraging us,supporting us, that I feel it is one tangible way that I can show them we appreciate it. I want to show people how well Sid is doing. I want them to see God's abundant grace mirrored in our lives. I want EVERYONE to know that miracles happen. That contentment(even happiness) is possible regardless of circumstances. That is just a small part that I CAN explain.

No comments: