Monday, November 29, 2010

fresh perspective.

OK, I have been at my new job for 3 months now, and I am already in need of an attitude adjustment. I had one just the other night. (nights are killing me this time)
So, I am working with this guy and he is a messy pig. Not only does he make a mess, but he leaves it for me to clean up. GRRRRRRRRRR....Like I don't have to do it ALL at home, now I have to do it at work?!
I am so ashamed of my pettiness. blech..anyway..So I am trying not to be irritated, and I like the guy so I feel even more pressure to not be irritated. Well, I make an effort to talk to him. Yeah, I treated him like a person, instead of a messy jerk. Well, turns out I worked with his wife over 20 years ago. And guess what happened? I got a whole new perspective. I got to look at him as someone that may have flaws, but is still valuable.
That is one of the biggest lessons I KEEP needing to learn. After Sid had the stroke, he changed so much, which is where the change in me started. realizing that there is always more than what it appears. One of the things he does sometimes is act inappropriately. I KNOW he isn't really being a jerk, but noone else does. The guy he cut in front of at Costco, doesn't realize that he just wants to get through the checkout so he can get the icecream bar he so loves. I hate that I continually need to remember every one has something going on. That I want to mirror grace and mercy in my life. So I am grateful to have been given a fresh perspective.

No comments: