Monday, January 17, 2011

day 7: my most treasured item

Since I already did a post on my ring, I will share my 2nd most treasured item. I LOVE my car. I remember the first time I saw a mini. It was love at first sight. I was with Sid in Seattle back in 2000. We were walking and passed a place called Cosmopolitan Motors. It had Ferarris, and Corvettes, and other fancy cars. I saw the Mini, and was like, OH Look!! it is like a grown-up version of my Suzuki. At the time, I was driving a '96 Suzuki X-90. Which I also loved.
 Anyhoo, I began researching and watching and coveting the car. I even went as far as carrying a photo from motor trend of a Mini cooper S in my purse for 9 years. Well, life continued to happen and it appeared that my having this car was not going to happen. And believe me, I am very aware it is just a car. It has no ability to make me happy or make me a better person. I just Love driving it. I would also trade it and every other "thing" in my life to have conversations with my sweet Sidney. Well, after spending a few years paying off medical bills and other debt, we were left with a nice amount each month to manage a car payment. I saw this car and went and looked at it. I prayed and asked for God to SLAM the door if it was not His will for me to buy it. Well, you can see for yourself I got it. I got my very first(hopefully last) speeding ticket in this car. So, though I have many things, I would have to call this my most treasured item.

No comments: