Monday, February 21, 2011

Day 22: What I wish I were better at


This has and probably always will be something I wish I were better at. I have been blessed with a wonderful husband that loves me in spite of me. I am grateful that I don't spend as much time comparing myself with other wives that are really good at it. Sid always used to tell me that we were gifts to each other from God. I told him that I understood that. I said he was like the shiny cool bike, and I was the tacky scratchy sweater. Both gifts, but definitely not the same caliber. I never understood why he got so angry when I said this. I found a way to tell the truth as I saw it in a humorous way. It wasn't until after the stroke that I began to see what he meant. In his eyes I AM the shiny bike. I just could never see me the way he does. So I will struggle to be a better wife forever.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you know, I read your posts and I think (from the outside looking in) that you must be a great wife to have such a long marriage. I am 37,married to my 57 year old husband for 6 years (together for 14).

Anyway, we have had a rough go of it. Rough. Naturally all the issues were because of him. Until God revealed to me a way to fix it. I #1 had to have the desire, which I do. #2 The book "The Proper Care and Feeding of A Husband" by Dr. Laura.

Hubby had the NERVE to buy this book many years back. Needless to say I was LIVID!!! Mad, mad, mad.

So after recently deciding I needed to read this book, well lets just say it was (is) a marriage changer. In December I was ready to walk out and leave my son and my husband behind without ever contacting anyone ever again, I was so fed up with the situation. Lets just say it wasn't all my husband. This was a wonderful book and I realized after reading it that she was giving us an example on how to be a submissive wife. It was really good and I highly recommend it.

Just a thought, Melissa
(email is godismyabba at rocketmail.com)