Sunday, February 27, 2011

Day 24: what I wish I could change

This has been another one that got me stuck. I want so many things to be different. And, most of them don't have a photo to go along with them. I wish I could change Sid's ability to communicate, I wish I could change the fact that he can no longer ride a motorcycle or drive a car. I wish I could change to a job I LOVE and has good insurance, and decent pay, the things I wish I could change, I have very little to no control over. I certainly can't find a photo to go along with them. I have learned to be grateful for the struggles. In going through these trials, we have learned so very much. So, how could I really wish to change them?
I KNOW things now as a result of pain that I didn't have a clue about before. I KNOW about God's faithfulness. His provision, His Love, Mercy, & Grace. All that stuff I wouldn't have noticed if we hadn't had to rely on HIM and ONLY HIM. I get to share the abundant evidence in our lives with others that are struggling with doubt and fear. I also have those days that I would trade it all to have my sweet husband back. I don't have a post for this category, because I have learned that I trust God, and believe  "that ALL things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose." not just some things, or the nice things, or the things I find OK, but ALL things. But, if there was ONE thing, it definitely would be for my sweet man to be able to have the words come easy, to hear his constant chatter that I had so grown used to and didn't realize how much I counted on, to get the several phone calls each day that were him on the other end just to tell me he loved me. But, we WILL be content in our present circumstances, and continue to be grateful for God's constant provision for us. We truly are blessed.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ok, I haven't shared my blog with anyone yet because I am chicken, basically. But your comment about wanting to change the way Sid communicates struck a chord and I just posted on this very thing (my regular job is in a nursing home as therapy coordinator - we do rehab on hip patients, strokes, etc.)

It's the one about a donkey talking...