Wednesday, March 18, 2009

missing Punkin


Ok ...I started a blog to share my random ramblings...all I can come up with today is how much I love my furry little critters. They are just so stinkin cute. When I get home from work you would have thought I had been on a 3 month safari in a foreign land. Jumping all over me and wiggling and waggling. They are the best. Makes me think of our dear Punkin. We had her for 14 years and what a great gift she was. I still miss her so much. We got her when she was 3 weeks old...her mama had been run over and the puppies were needing some extra care..I picked up this little ball of fluff and she wrapped her legs around my arm and wouldn't let go..well, I brought her home, and she became a wonderful constant in our life. She grew to be a large (80lb) part of us.I never worried about locking a door with her around..Chow/Lab mix.. fiercely loyal and oh so loving to her family. If she was with me I didn't get scared at night when My husband wasn't home. I knew she would protect me. And those loving eyes. As she got older those eyes failed her, but we kept the house the same and she was fine. up until she was 12 my husband took her for a ride in the care EVERY night, no matter what. some times just a short one, sometimes to get ice cream at dairy queen, sometimes to go see gramma. We were blessed with this precious gift from God. I miss my Punkin.

No comments: