Tuesday, March 24, 2009

boring??

Ok here I am, what to write about?? hmmm....uhhh...welll....yeah that's right I got nuthin. I am sitting here and glancing over at the man in my life...watching him relax. He is usually so tired by this time of night. the one thing that keeps him awake is waiting for wheel of fortune. One of the little after effects of the stroke. I asked him if he's getting excited for our trip, and he says "no". I told him he better get excited and real quick..He is wondering if he will still like the rides and be able to rid them. So much about him is different since the stroke. It is interesting how the brain works. so many things we take for granted. just the ability to carry on a conversation. so easy, right? My husband was the talker in our life. I can hold my own, don't get me wrong.. it's just that he always had something to say. so I guess the silence is sometimes just too much and I feel the need to make up somehow. I don't know. I just know most days are good. not fantastic or horrible, just plain old ordinary good. Which is wonderful in itself. Some days, like today, I just ache for the "old" before stroke Sid. And then I remember that this is the Sid that God has blessed me with, and what a lucky girl I am. I have been given the gift of someone who genuinely loves me and even if he can't always express that the way we would like, we are grateful for the gift of each other and a loving God in our life. Probably won't be hearing from me for a while, Disneyland will be taking up my time....WOOHOO

No comments: