Friday, November 6, 2009

happy heart

Well, alot has happened since my last post. We went to cardiologist Wednesday and after answering a whole lot of questions, he asked us why we were there. I nearly lost it. I told him that our primary care doc had set it up because of the blockage in Sid's carotid artery. He calmly tells us he doesn't do that type of work. I kept battling back and forth between, "it's OK God is in charge" to ARE YOU PEOPLE COMPLETELY CRAZY!!!.
(all of that inside my own mind.)
He must have seen my shock and dismay because he immediately said "let me make some calls"
Well, he set us up with a doctor that does do "THAT TYPE OF WORK" and also an appointment with a surgeon next week. We saw the doctor this afternoon, and after looking at the ultrasound of Sid's carotid and listening to the dopplar determined the blockage is more likely at about 70% not the 95% we had been told. He explained how the speed of the flow changes as it approaches the narrowing and as it leaves the narrowing. And based on that speed he determined the "tightening" (as he called it) wasn't as grave as we thought. Praise God.
I told him we had a trip planned.... he asks me where?..... I say Disneyland....... He says When I say Christmas.......He says pfft....no problem...
I finally exhaled for the first time I think in over a month.
He scheduled a dye cat scan that will show exactly where the "tightening" is and how bad it is.
He said at that point we will decide what if anything needs to be done, and if something does need done what the best option may be. Stints vs. surgery. He was awesome.
He encouraged Sid to strengthen up his body and set the goal of getting back on his motorcycle. He is the first doctor to do that. He said set the goal and if you get there you know that you earned it. I just met this guy, but I totally trust him and know without a doubt the Lord put us in his hands for a reason. We are so blessed and seems it takes some tough stuff to really see it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Praise the Lord! Isn't it just wonderful how God works things out for us even when we can't see what He is doing! What an answer to know that Sid just might ride again! How awesome for him. Keep believing! AND BE PATIENT! :) Love you both! Susie