Tuesday, May 19, 2009

blast from the past

I came home to dinner
cooked for me by my husband...
bacon and cheese omelets..yummy...
I have been working until 6 and it has been difficult to
come home after working 12 hours and fix dinner.
Not to mention Sid doesn't like to eat that late.
What was really cool, is that BTS
(before the stroke) He cooked dinner nearly every
night. He was home before me, it worked for us.
So this was like a deja-vu kind of thing.
I could smell the bacon as soon as I pulled into the driveway.
I love, and I mean ,LOVE bacon. I have flair that says
"bacon the pink vegetable" OH YEAH!! anyway, I digress.
It seems like when I get really down with our circumstances
and how Sid is, He has a day like today, where he is more like he
was. He knew I would be hungry, and
took care of it. He usually just waits for me
to get home to fix something,
or fixes himself a sandwich or something.
He doesn't think of me at all. (not sad, just fact)
I always feel bad for not being more accepting. I STILL
want him back how he used to be. I asked God for that very
thing once again just last week. Sid has made remarkable
progress that I am so very grateful for. So I always wonder
if asking for more is a form of ingratitude. I am so glad God
KNOWS my heart, I certainly don't always know.
I know that it is things like this that encourage me
to stay hopeful, and continue to
push Sid to improve. Think I'll go clean up the
kitchen now. =]

1 comment:

Dennis & Jodi said...

mmmmmmm bacon..... lol
i love bacon to!
i hope you enjoyed your evening!