Friday, May 22, 2009

company's comin

Just found out that our son his wife and
4 granddaughters are coming for the weekend.
YIPPEE!!!!! Sid is going to be sooo surprised.
my "old man" is gonna be 60. YIKES!!
Don't know where the time has gone.
He has gone through so many changes in
the last few years. I thought I was going
to lose him when he had the stroke.
And here we are celebrating another
birthday. God is so good.
I know he will be really happy to see
the kids, even though we were just
over there last weekend.


I have been reflecting on our life together
and all the good times we've had.
I remember in particular our first "family vacation"
we loaded the kids and us in our 68 dodge van.
the engine sat between the front seats, and
you had to open up the butterfly in the carburetor
with your finger while you turned the key
to get it started. We didn't think anything of loading
up our children and taking off to the world's fair
in Canada. We had a great time. We came home
and found out we were evicted!! How hilarious is that.
I can tell you at the time, I found absolutely NO humor
in it, now it is one of those funny things.

Kind of like how I worked on our wedding night.
Which is a whole nuther story altogether.
I tell you, some of the stories are pretty cool.
I am sitting here smiling through a veil of grateful tears.
What a fantastic time we have had.
Good, Bad, Ugly, we have done it together.
And they said it wouldn't last....HAH

1 comment:

Sarah said...

I think you should tell more of your stories! =)