Sunday, May 3, 2009

home...refreshed

What a great week-end.
Spent it at annual ladies retreat through my church.
This year's theme was portrait of a Godly woman.
I just love these things.
I so needed the fellowship and the time with the Lord.
The fabulous women that came.
I got the opportunity to get to know
so many of the women I see on a weekly
basis on a deeper level. I wish they knew
what a blessing they were to me.
Each and every one in their own
special way. But oh was I glad to get home
I missed my Sid. When I asked him if he missed
me, he said "what you are dummy?" which in
translation is What are you crazy? I missed you like mad!!
Last year's retreat was the first time I left him home alone
after the stroke. The stroke happened Oct. 25, 2007 btw.
So, I had to reflect on how far God has brought us in this
last year. I had absolutely no fear or worries about
leaving him this year compared to being consumed with them
last year. I arranged to having people check on him and "drop"
by, and this year I didn't do any of that.

I am really looking forward to implementing some of the things I
felt the Lord putting on my heart this week-end. More to be revealed
on that front. dealing mostly with the choices I make, and if they reflect
God's character in them. Areas that were reinforced..thank you Lord!!

No comments: