Sunday, October 18, 2009

great weekend

Wow! what a great week-end. What made it special?
My attitude. I got some great encouragement at my
ladies bible study on Thursday, and I took it to heart.
I was encouraged to stop trying to do it ALL. to give
it up. to rely on the Lord. I spent some time pondering
what does that mean? I have been walking with the Lord
about 4 years now, (well sorta). And right after the stroke
when it was all so very hard, I had no choice but to totally
rely on Him.
I don't know why I decided I could take over again. I have
experience galore on how I don't manage things too well
on my own. Yet I have been doing just that for the last several
months. No wonder I feel sorry for myself and am so very
weary. I didn't even realize I was doing it. I thought I was
just "living" my life, and taking care of my family and my
responsibilities.
I wasn't willing to ask for help. I don't know why. I have several
people that are willing to help me out any way they can.
I guess I am embarrassed because I need help. I always
compare myself to others and come up lacking.
I know single moms that work outside the home that seem
to manage everything just fine and don't know why I am
so frazzled.
So, I did it. I relaxed this week-end. I did a small bit of
grocery shopping on Saturday, and all the laundry.
flannel sheets are on the beds and freshly laundered fluffy
comforters. I fixed a meal in the crock pot. enough to last
for a few days. I enjoyed my life, the way it is right now.
I looked at the good instead of focusing on the way I think it should be.
When my SIL called and said she couldn't take Sid to one of his appts
I didn't freak out and wonder how "I" was going to handle it. I
asked for help, and guess what? No one called me and said,
what is your problem? Why can't you handle it? You should
be able to do it ALL. I am the only one that expects me to be
that. I don't even believe God wants me to be that. So, you guessed
it. I had a ton of people volunteering to help.Thanks,Sarah!!
I am grateful to God for blessing us with what we need, when we need it.

No comments: