Thursday, October 22, 2009

more good news

Well, my sweet man went for his next infusion treatment today.
I had my SIL taking him to drop him off and then I had arranged
to take afternoon off work to go be with him for the last of it, and
to go over next phase of treatment. Well, first thing they did when
he got there was draw blood. After testing it, they saw a major
improvement in his iron levels from the last time. So, no infusion
necessary at this time. He is to continue his iron supplements at home
and recheck in 6 weeks. YAY!!!! Still have more testing for the platelets
and to see where he may be losing blood. But that will be drawn out
over the next few months. The motorcycle wreck put things off a bit.
I was a bit anxious about this treatment, since he ended up in the hospital
the last time he had one. Not caused by the infusion, but still made me
feel nervous. I am constantly wondering what more I could be doing
to help him get better. I am looking forward to church tonight.
Always get good stuff there...

No comments: