Wednesday, April 22, 2009

clean house

I came home today, and while I was at work, My sister in law had came and cleaned our home. It needed cleaned, too. I am what is called a terrible housekeeper. I know how to do the chores, I just seem to find other things to do, instead. I was better at this stuff when I was a working mom with kids at home. Now a working empty nester with an at home husband, you would think it would be a breeze, right? WRONG....Honestly, it is all I can do to keep up with the laundry, dishes, vacuuming, grocery shopping, and meals. I just don't make it a priority like I used to. We don't seem to be too damaged by my laziness, but at times I am ashamed and embarrassed by it. I have always wanted to be one of those wives that loves to do housework, and is crafty and just knows how to arrange a room. I am not gifted in those areas AT ALL. I then feel guilty and beat myself up because I don't measure up. Who says? why me of course. I also can't seem to get past my pride and ask for help in these areas. I have several friends that are oozing with these gifts and would be more than happy to help me, but I don't want to admit I need help, I keep forgetting that I am the only one judging me so harshly. I am so very thankful that God is not done with me, and He continues to show me His love and grace. So I get to truly relax this weekend with no guilt for the chores not getting done, Thanks to my dear Esther.

No comments: