Tuesday, April 14, 2009

spring snow

Well here it is spring and we had ourselves a huge sloppy snowflake storm today followed by rain and thunder and lightning.. CRAZY weather. All I could think about was how we had parked our motorcycles in the driveway instead of the garage. They were getting pummeled with this wetness. I really hate winter and can't wait for spring to get here. Every year it gets just a bit worse. I don't know if it is because as I get older it gets harder to shovel that heavy white stuff. I had to repeatedly remind myself this last winter how much worse everyone around us had it. It was almost as if God knew I couldn't take it this year and decided to bless me and give me a rest. That is just how self-centered I am. I really think that God orchestrated the weather to suit me. I am aware that it could have been a number of reasons, but I think I am more grateful when I see it my way. Any way I didn't really have much to talk about today. Just so grateful that God uses others to remind me of his goodness and grace and faithfulness. How he keeps his promises. I love him and just want to be what he wants, and know how miserably I fail in that. Thankful that he loves me anyway. We are supposed to have 80 degrees by next week, so it is fairly typical. We usually go from winter to summer within a week's time. I know we use heat in the morning and air conditioning in the afternoon on the same day to transition. I'll let you know what day that happens. Talk to ya'll later.

No comments: