Friday, April 17, 2009

constant complainer

I have been studying Moses in the bible study I go to. One of the things that I was convicted of is how I am a complainer. I didn't even notice it. I don't know when it happened, I just know it's true. If anyone asked me before today, I would have said I am a positive, upbeat, person. Yet my actions show an ugly side. I found myself complaining about the garbage cans yet again this morning. As soon as the words were muttered under my breath I caught myself and asked God to forgive me. I repented of this Sin (yes, SIN ) and asked for help. I resolved to not complain. I said to myself surely you can go an entire day without complaining. You would think so, huh? Well, I didn't make it an hour. All of the garbage stuff happened before 5 am. by 5:45 I was complaining about how I can never seem to get my hair straight without it being frizzy, then realized it had started raining, and was a total waste anyway. Just writing this makes me feel sick. So, I caught myself again, repented asked forgiveness. Here we are nearly 14 hours later and I realize I am really messed up. I finally said to myself. Maybe you can do an hour at a time. So, this is definitely something I am going to work on. I have way too much to be grateful for. I also want my witness to be effective, which it won't if I am acting the way I did today.I'll keep ya posted.

No comments: