Wednesday, April 8, 2009

work woes

Why is it when you take a vacation from work you work twice as hard the week before you leave and twice as hard the week you return?I swear it is unbelievable. I decided it isn't really a vacation at all, just a redistribution of time in the work load. My boss just chuckled at me. I scheduled this trip in September. Yep, you would think with nearly 8 months notice we would have put a plan in place for someone to be trained somewhat to do my duties, right? Didn't happen. So, I came back to a royal nightmare. Everyone glad to have me back. Even though noone really knows what I do all day at work, they realized there was an awful lot of stuff not getting done, so now they believe me when I say I do more than answer the phone. I mean they didn't even open the mail. COME ON...ANYONE CAN DO THAT. My dog can do that...lol. I am pleased to say that except for about an hour of filing, I am all caught up with the work that was waiting for me. What a relief. I am so very grateful for my job. especially in these tough times. I get paid well, have decent insurance coverage, and work decent hours. All good. That's enough outa me for now.

No comments: