Monday, April 20, 2009

Happy Birthday KanDee



Our sweet baby is one year old today.... I told you about our old dog Punkin. How when I first met her she wrapped her little legs around my arm and wouldn't let go? Well, that is exactly how this little ball of fluff was when I first met her.(she hasn't changed a whole bunch)... Last Father's day we lost our dear Punkin. We were blessed that she died at home......I held her head in my lap and prayed over her and stroked her head and kissed her goodbye...(yes, I am crying as I write this)...10 days later My Dad died. He and I were very close. I have always been and will always be Daddy's little girl. When my parents divorced it was like I was the only one that stuck by Dad. Any way with his death so soon after Punkin's I was pretty broken inside. My husband decided I needed a trip to see our son and his wife and the 4 granddaughters to cheer me up some. Well, that's what we did. While over there, we went into this little pet store, and There she was. Little Miss KanDee. I just picked her up, and we had to pry her little legs from around my arm. Needless to say, I saw that as a sign that she was meant to be a part of our family. It is amazing what a puppy can do for a broken heart. I was so concerned with making sure she was OK and trying to teach her the basics...potty outside...eat your own food..play nice with the others..I didn't have as much time to feel sorry for myself. Yes, I still grieved the losses of my Daddy and our precious Punkin, but that grief was eased with the love of this new little critter. There is no doubt she was meant to come home with us, and she is a constant source of happiness for us. So today on her 1st birthday we celebrate her.

3 comments:

Dennis & Jodi said...

Happy Birthday KanDee!!
I totally know what you mean about pets. My baby Dixi just gave birth to her first litter today (and most likely her last!lol) She had 7 pups. The father was my moms dog who was killed a week after he 'caught' my Dixi-Bell. There is such a long story here-- just wanted to say that I understand how easy it is to attach to pets... It is going to be hard to let these new pups leave my home!

JerriLynn said...

congratulations..gramma lol what kind of dog is dixi-bell? and her puppies?

Dennis & Jodi said...

She is a shih Tzu bichon.